Mitchell & Lewis Company Limited
Painting of a Mitchell wagon under attack on the trail.
Mitchell & Lewis Company LTD.
One of the wagon-building "Big Three"
Mitchell-Lewis Motor Co. started out as Mitchell & Lewis Company, Limited, in 1855, after H. Mitchell wagons, established 1834, moved to Racine, Wisconsin.
- In 1900, they organized a separate business called Mitchell-Lewis Motor Co.(producers of the "Auto-Bi"), and also still operated Mitchell & Lewis Co., Ltd. until 1910, when the wagon making was combined into the Mitchell-Lewis Motor Company.
- From that point on, they manufactured large, respectable automobiles, until purchased in 1924 by Nash Motor Company.
A couple of views of an 1894 Mitchell & Lewis Chuckwagon
A view of the Henry Mitchell house in Racine, Wisconsin USA.
Mitchell Wagon Magazine ad